Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunday's Obituary - Daniel W. McGuire - Murfreesboro, TN

Daniel Washington McGuire 
Born: 15 Aug 1869
Died: 9 Jan 1953
Father:  William Henry McGuire
Mother:  Amanda Jane Martin


I have written previously of my 3X great-grandmother, Amanda Martin Sewell McGuire Clifton who has fascinated me for over twenty years.  I have spent much time documenting her life.  One detail I had trouble with was finding the death date and place for her son Daniel W. McGuire from her second marriage to William Henry McGuire.  Several months ago, my distant cousin, Mike Clemmons who writes, Clemmons Family History and is also descended from Amanda contacted me to let me know he was going to the Nashville, TN area and would look for the obituary.  Aren't genealogy cousins great?!?  He was successful and several mysteries were solved.  I had always assumed Daniel's middle name was William after his father, but according to the obituary it is Washington.

According to the 1910 Wilson County, Tn and 1930 Rutherford County, TN he listed his occupation as Chief Engineer Ice Factory.  According to the obituary he worked for the Christy and Huggins Company, and ice company and Coca Cola bottlers for forty-two years.

He was survived by his wife Lucy and two daughters, Mrs. Josephine Patterson and Mrs. Margaret Price.  There was no mention of a son Howard Jefferson McGuire who was born in 1892.

Thanks again Mike!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...